My Comments Policy
By posting your comments on my blog, you agree to the following:
1) You must give your name when posting. If you want to comment on my blog, then I expect you to be accountable for your words.
2) You may post follow-up questions. If you have a question about something I’ve written, others might also.
3) You may disagree with me or with anyone else who comments here. I welcome discussion; however, if you do disagree, you must do so in a respectful manner. I will not tolerate nastiness and hurtful comments on my blog.
4) I reserve the right to delete your comments. This is my blog. I don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. The First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions on your blog, not mine.
Specifically, I will delete your comments if you post something that is, in my sole opinion, (a) snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post.
5) You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
6) You grant me license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, nonexclusive, and royalty free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
In short, my goal is to host interesting conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people. I believe this simple comments policy will facilitate this.
This policy is used courtesy of, and adapted from, one provided by Michael Hyatt. Many thanks to Michael for his wonderful generosity!